Cygnus combines a compact form factor with the latest routing technology in a cost-effective package. Cygnus is 1080p 3Gbit/s native and offers up to 576x576 routing in a single 26U housing, including PSUs. There is also a 288x576 version in a 21U housing.
Features include dual redundant power supplies and controllers as well as four reference inputs for multi-standard operation. This allows for frame accurate switching at the correct point for multi-standard operation or simulcast HD/SD. Cygnus adds significantly to Snell’s existing comprehensive router range, which covers all options from the very large to the very small.
- Specifically designed for 1.5GBit/s HD and 3GBit/s 1080p
- 3GB/s capable cards route 3G,1.5G HD-SDI and SDI
- 576x576 in 26U (including redundant PSUs)
- 288x576 in 21U
- Dual redundant PSU
- Dual redundant controllers
- Control using Nebula or new Nucleus MCM based Controller
- Dual Ethernet (one per controller) 4 x RS485 ports, configurable as remote or panel ports
- Monitoring and alarms of PSUs, fans, controllers, all signal cards
- Four video references (all black & burst or HD tri-level) – allows clean multi standard switching
- Timecode input for pre-loaded timed switching
- Monitoring outputs – for input and output monitoring
- Exceptionally low power consumption
As with all Snell products, the Cygnus range of routers has been designed and engineered to the highest standards.
Find out who your local sales contact is here.
Alternatively, complete the online form below and a Snell colleague will contact you shortly.