Watches over the main and back-up signal paths
Targeted at an automated playout environment, Signal Sentri can provide a key part of the decision making and switching function by using Snell's sophisticated Hyperion content monitoring system combined with a 2x1 change over switch.
This enables a comprehensive video, audio and metadata monitoring and reporting solution that can trigger the signal change over automatically, or provide detailed information for an operator controlled decision.
Unmanned or low-manning operations
- Hyperion brings human intelligence to automated broadcast monitoring
- Automatic change over on pre-defined error conditions
- Reporting of all detected alarms via RollMap Infrastructure Management or via SNMP to third party control and automation systems
Flexible control and monitoring
- Interfaces with RS-422, GPI and Ethernet via RollCall and SNMP
- Dedicated monitoring output with OSD for Hyperion audio/video alarms and audio level meter information
- SDI and AES preview monitoring enables either input to be monitored independently of the main signal selection
To get the best out of Signal Sentri, you may be interested in integrating with RollMap, providing a sophisticated and comprehensive control and monitoring solution for continuity of service.
Signal Sentri with Morpheus Automation
Using Signal Sentri in combination with Morpheus Automation provides redundancy during unmanned periods when there is no on-site engineering support, for example at evenings, weekends and during holidays.
A broadcaster using a Morpheus Automation system may choose to add an ICE Channel-in-a-Box playout system as a channel backup for system redundancy. For example, the ICE could be playing out a mirror of the output of the main facilities playout, but also be loaded with additional material should it become necessary to play different material or to supplement the material on the playlist. This material could be loaded remotely via a VPN link.
- Combining Snell's Hyperion subjective alarm system and the powerful and elegant Morpheus Automation system, Snell has developed a fully automated monitoring and control system which continuously evaluates broadcast channels
- Using it's schedule, Morpheus is able to tell frame accurately when a channel goes live. In return, Hyperion can sense immediately when a fault occurs on any part of the broadcast screen and can instruct Morpheus to switch back to it's back up mode, or drive the Signal Sentri unit to switch to it's back up path. This sophisticated approach has enabled Snell to bring human intelligence to a fully automated system.
As with all Snell products, Signal Sentri has been designed and engineered to the highest standard.
Find out who your local sales contact is here.
Alternatively, complete the online form below and a Snell colleague will contact you shortly.